Monday, November 21, 2011

The Start of Something New

Hi!  Thanks for stopping by!  I've created this blog to log my progress on my running and my health.  Hopefully it can be a place where ideas can be shared on what works or doesn't work when it comes to dealing with asthma, as well as a celebration for things that I have accomplished when people told me I wouldn't be able to do it.  I have severe asthma, not exercised induced or allergy induced just asthma all the time.  I have had severe asthma my entire life and it didn't go away with age.  It didn't get any better at all actually.  Anything can set my allergies and asthma off--PMS, changes in the weather, pollen, grass, stress, animals, smoke, perfume.  You name it and I guarantee I will have a reaction to it.    Also, at the age of 23, I was diagnosed with a minor heart condition that causes me to pass out.  I haven't had an episode in nearly two years so hopefully my cardiologist was right when he said I would probably out grow it.

My current medications are:
-Loestrin- to keep me from getting preggars and it also helps out my asthma during that time of month
-Estrogen-crazy reaction from all of my asthma/allergy medicines have caused me to need it
-Advair-I was on 500/50 for many many years, a year ago my doctor changed me to the 250/50, and now I'm on 100/50.  Yay!
-Singulair
-Allegra
-Q-Var
-Flonase
-Astepro-more on an as needed basis but sometimes I have to use it regularly
-Allergy shots- once a month
-Xolair Shots (my miracle drug) three shots every other week.
And of course my inhaler, albuterol for the nebulizer, and albuterol liquid when nothing else will work

Someday maybe only xolair and allergy shots will be the only thing I have to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment