Monday, November 21, 2011

My 2nd Running Class

After the first week of my first running class I knew I was hooked and would be joining another one.  I signed up for my second RunOn! 101 class and had my doctor sign the note again.  Even hubby agreed to give this running class a try. This time for the Magic Mile my time was 9 minutes 26 seconds.  What the heck?!?!  I shaved off more than an entire minute from the first time!  Coach Elizabeth was proud! Oh, and I also ran with my "slow buddy" Kate.  Yay!  I was glad we would be in the same group again.  I have really enjoyed getting to know her and becoming running buddies.  Some of our fellow runners quit while 3 others joined the 8 mile class!  I'm super proud of them and I miss them but I knew I wasn't ready to up my milage yet.  We managed to get the same coach as last time.  Coach Elizabeth is so great.  Matthew couldn't make it to the Magic Mile so they put him with the other group with Coach Dan.
In our group was a really tall lady who had never run before, the rest of us are around my height, 5'2  (except for Kate who is a little taller).  Well, new lady ran FAST!!  The first night I thought I would be bumped to the other group but Coach didn't kick me out just yet.  I was able to keep up, I was glad for the challenge.  This time around we worked on more speed work and continued to work on hills.  Boo.  :)  The goal for this class was the Turkey Trot but since Matthew and I don't get out of our PJ's on thanksgiving we decided to race early at the Fired Up 5k.
Tuesday is my last day for this running class and I'm a little sad about it.  What am I going to do every Tuesday and Thursday night?  Who's going to ask me about my Wednesday run or my Saturday long run?

No comments:

Post a Comment