Monday, November 21, 2011

Melon Dash- Aug, 2011

I had surgery in early May and I literally couldn't do anything for a good 6-8 weeks.  Once I got the go-ahead from my doctor that I could exercise I signed up for the Melon Dash 5K with my friend.  Well, the hottest summer on record plus the fact that I was still sore from the surgery plus the fact that I was already out of shape = me not wanting to train for this at all, so I kind of didn't.  I figured it would be okay because I knew my friend would be taking this race slow.  I got to the race, tried to call me friend but no answer or text back.  She decided not to do the race.  I was a little upset, lonely, and I thought about leaving before everything started but I'm no quitter.  The race started and I ran at least the first 1.5 miles.  After that I was exhausted and had to run a few minutes, walk a min.   I did that for literally the rest of the time.  The race was beautiful, downtown McKinney with the old house, big trees, small town feel, etc... but boy was it HOT and I was so thankful when I finished the race.  I didn't even bother looking at the time.  I was just glad I wasn't last or died of heat stroke.  I hung around for a little bit and went to see what kind of vendors were there.  That's when I met the nicest people from RunOn!.
I just looked at the results and I finished the race in 44 minutes.  Yikes.  That's embarrassing but at least I went, started, and finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment