Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Tuesday's Run

On Tuesday I went to Running Club.  I wasn't sure how much I would be able to run (a cold front blew in and it was pretty chilly).  I used my nebulizer before running which was a very smart idea. We were supposed to run 9 min, walk 1 min for 25 minutes.  Coach Melanie forgot that we were supposed to walk and we ran the entire time.  Halfway through, I asked if we were ever going to walk, yep, I'm that student.  Melanie realized that she completely forgot about walking, asked how we were doing, and we all decided that we could keep on truckin' along.  We did about 2 1/4 miles in 25 minutes.  I didn't have a single problem breathing or coughing.  I did wear that crazy mask the entire time and I think that's what helped so much.  I realized that the cold really does affect my muscles.  They are sore today and I did a lot of stretching.  I'm blaming the cold and not my lack of stretching.
I'm glad to be back running.  I was supposed to run tonight but I didn't have time.  Looking forward to tomorrow's run!

No comments:

Post a Comment