Sunday, January 15, 2012

Not Off To A Great Start

This year has not been off to a great start at all.  On January 3rd, I did the magic mile to figure out what running group I should be with.  It was really cold and windy and it took me 10:30 to finish.  When I was done, I could barely breathe.  Some of the coaches tried to talk me into doing the 15K class, which I really wanted to do, but I have had such a hard time controlling my asthma that I didn't think that would be the best idea.  I am now in the regular 5k program.  I ran on Thursday, the 5th, felt fine but then got sick over the weekend.  I went to the emergency room on Sunday and was diagnosed with bronchitis.  I've stayed indoors for over a week now and I'm really getting a case of cabin fever.  I plan on going to running on Tuesday and I sure hope I can keep up.  I don't know what I'm going to do if I can't run in the cold.  I might have to invest in that machine that Dr. Gross was talking about.  
I guess in the cold weather I have to take it 1 day at a time and realize that there are days that I just should not run outside.  

No comments:

Post a Comment