Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Magic Mile

Tonight marked the start of a new RunOn class. This time I will be in the Fit for Speed class. I'm nervous about this class since I'm not fast at all. However, after doing some research I decided this would be the best class for me to start building up my endurance and mileage.
Tonight all of the runners got together for our magic mile to place us is in our groups. I ran that mile in 9:12. I know that to some that may seem slow but that was a new PR for me! Last time, about 7 weeks ago, I ran it in 10:23. I'll admit that I'm proud of myself. Now I'm looking forward to this speed class and possibly running a 5k in less than 30 minutes.
In other news, I saw my miracle doctor today. He's proud of my running and hot yoga but he's afraid I'm doing too much. In the next few months I'll be seeing another doctor and figure out my bone density and see how my muscles are doing. (a side effect of most of my medicines are a loss of bone density and muscles mass and since I'm already premenopausal, he definitely wants me to get it checked out).
Lastly, Im really bad about this blogging thing. I really want to track
my progress but I don't want to take the time to do it. There's another go for me to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment